Monday, May 9, 2011

Gold!

Now you may be confused about this but it is considered  in Aztec belief that waste and filthiness can protect from other filthiness. They used gold for almost every type of cure. It is ironic that this did not protect them from the filthy Europeans that brought new disease and stole there gold. In all of the world and history only about 161,000 tons of it has been collected. Compare that to the 5.6 million tons of aluminium collect this year for america. Gold on the periodical table is Au; This is from aurum, a Latin word meaning "shining dawn". The US has approximately 8,965 tons(about 35,000,000,000 grams) of gold stored. This is about 5.56% of the gold ever found. Shocked huh? Now you see why it's so expensive.

22 comments:

  1. What is the US going to do with all that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this blog, always has an interesting fact that I didn't know :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel smarter just from reading this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, I would love the gods to shit all over me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my kind of blog. following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha that's kinda messed up. Filth to fight filth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoyed this. especially about the history of the word aurum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love history of language. want to get my masters in it. don't want to pay student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good info. I wish I'd come across a bunch of gold haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not know there was so little gold in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I need to learn to steal stuff. I need some of that gold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suddenly want to invest in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, you've got some amazing facts here!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should start investing in gold ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had bought gold years ago. Now I doubt I could afford more than a couple ounces.

    ReplyDelete