Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tenochitlan, an amazing city of the ancient world!

Chinampas are Aztec farms located in swamp, these allowed the Aztec to farm extra land. Even land next to there island capital; Tenochititlan. This was like "Atlantis", it had canals within the city and connected to the rest of the Aztec world. It was covered in gold and gleaming monuments including giant pyramids where dozens of humans sacrifices took place daily. The island is now filled and has been covered over by modern day Mexico City of Mexico. 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a documentary on this ancient city, but, it was long ago and I have forgotten that Mexico City is on top of it now. thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, too bad it's now just mexico. |:

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid, I loved studying things like this. I was also really into Egypt. And Pokemon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, I live in Mexico dude and I don't know crap about this...it's a shame really.

    Oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. learned about these people in history

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aztecs were just amazing! ;D

    ReplyDelete